Monday 2 July 2012

Scrawny to Sturdy

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."

One of the hardest things that I have had to battle in life is myself. My commitment, my drive; dedication to one investment of my time. I have jumped from obsession to fad to activity, always losing interest or eventually just moving on to something else letting the cycle start over. I am envious of those with years of practice in a specific pursuit, and respect them all the more as it is truly a hard task as most would know.


And then there is exercise, the ability to withstand pain and push your body to its limits. 


But as I said, commitment is my personal downfall, and I know for a fact that it is a condition that plagues many other people too. It's far too easy to relax after a long run. The hard bit is getting out of that mindset the next day and keeping up what you have already built. It's these things that snowball into bigger problems. What's the issue with missing 2 days if you can miss 1? I've been that guy.. I am that guy. Alright.. tomorrow; next week.. month..


- summer? Yes, summer. Which is exactly why I am writing this blog post. As far as I am aware, it's summer (though the English weather begs to differ), and I must now live up to the 100th promise I have made myself. I have had a workout regime planned for a while now, but as stated, I have really let myself down by finding excuses and letting other things get in the way.


But enough yipper yapper and inspirational nonsense. This blog is going to help me keep working out and to remind me of the progress that I gradually make, and I hope it does the same for any others also in my position. I plan to regularly update the blog with my progress, how specific sessions went, anything I learnt that helps etc. I feel that writing it about it would really help to encourage the process, and I support others to get something like this going too. I might try a few other things too. Maybe a vlog? A vlog on my run? That would be awkward, but doable. Being able to see a considerable amount of difference in the next few months wouldn't be so bad either! But without further adieu:


  • Monday - Running (currently on 4 miles per run minimum)
  • Tuesday - Scooby's Teen Workout Plan (altered for preference) - (Chest (20 pressups, 20 dumbbell flys, 20 dumbbell press), lats (20 pullups, 20 dumbbell rows), abs (20 crunches, 20 situps), biceps (20 sofa curls), lats (20 dumbbell french press)) x 3 for all exercises with 4.5KG weights when needed
  • Wednesday - More running (4 miles to start, will increase when comfort rises)
  • Thursday - Same workout as Tuesday
  • Friday - Final run of the week
  • Saturday - Scooby's Killer Ab Workout (Yes. Killer. But seriously, pretty hard)
  • Sunday - The day of rest
SpongeBob is a baws.

In terms of diet, I try to eat fairly healthy anyway. I am a sucker for the occasional fast food, but most of the stuff that goes into my gut isn't too processed. I may invest in body supplements too at one point, but for now, eggs will do for protein. Though thinking about it, I feel like I am going to watch my food now with this blog starting up. We will see.


As a final note, I wouldn't say that I am unfit. This isn't some miraculous journey as that would be fiction. I have tried to keep fit over the year, running and working out occasionally, but unfortunately, never keeping to it. As I said, it's hard to stay motivated, but alas, that is the past, and this blog is the future. No excuses.

Come August, this calender should look rather messy with successful sessions. Otherwise, I have let myself stand in my own way again. Not this time buddy; get motivated and start running.
---
And yes; that is a naked calender. I was Mr. September as part of the Athletics club at my university. Don't worry; it was for charity!

Hopefully come September, there is an improvement on this physique. A great man once told me, a six pack on a skinny person is like breasts on a fat person. Oh how true that is.
stand in line ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment